Saturday, May 8, 2010

Moms

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves. ~Henry Ward Beecher

That last quote is exactly what I was thinking and I just happened to find someone who said it! "Mommy" is such an amazing name to be given. What a privilege and blessing to have a little one call me "Mom" (literally, that's what he calls me. Not mama or mommy...just mom. I'm working on it. I got mommy from him one time). I love my little Camden more than words can express. Sometimes I think I'm going to burst because I love him so much! He is such a sweet boy. On this Mom's Day I celebrate him, the one who made me a mom, more than myself.

Below are some pics of fabulous moms (notice I'm included) who I love and adore. My mom has always been my best friend, my biggest fan, and my role model. She is an incredible person. I am so grateful for her and the impact she continues to have on me. Jonathan's mom and step-mom are also in the photos. They have welcomed me since day one. Thank you for loving me and for raising such an amazing son. My sis-in-law, Sara, will also be found amongst the mamas this year! Happy first Mom's Day to you! I loved seeing you "in action" when we visited you in March. Dylan is fortunate to have you!

Not pictured are numerous friends who are fabulous moms. Some of them are newbies and others have been at it for years. There are also those I call when I'm having a "first time mom moment" because I respect them and their values when it comes to raising children. To all of you, thank you and Happy Mom's Day!

After his first haircut (more pics to come)

Auntie Sara and Camden in Nashville (Dylan was in her belly)

Memaw (JB's step-mom) and Camden at his first b-day party!

Grammy and Camden during her most recent visit.

GG (JB's mom) the day before Camden's first birthday.

The 3 moms/grandmas

1 comment:

matt and whitney said...

SO sweet!!! Love those quotations!!! you ARE a fabulous mama (ahem, excuse me...."mom") and you sure have A GREAT ONE you learned from :) love you!