Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Parker's first birthday party

We celebrated Parker's first birthday on January 21st. We went with "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" for a theme and it turned out great! I loved it because the book figured out the snacks for me! We just used some of the items the caterpillar eats through...Swiss cheese, salami, pickles, apples, oranges, lollipops, watermelon, and cupcakes! Parker was awesome! He rocked his cake and was happy the whole time! We definitely missed the family and friends who were not able to make it, but I'm so thankful my parents were here to celebrate with us!

The set up

I was trying to get the hanging lanterns in the pic

Parker's "smash" cake!

Delicious cupcakes we bought (it was so nice to just pick them up rather than making them)

He's one!
The party hat he didn't wear!

Daddy, Mommy, and the birthday boy!
Camden is NOT into pics these days so we opted to let him play while we took this one!

Gramps and Grammy with Parker

Playing with Olivia

Look who has their eye on the prize!

He went for it! No hesitation!

Just hanging out enjoying his cake!

Shove it in there, buddy!

We ended up cutting a slice and putting it on his tray...good times!

Yay!

Happy boy!

All cleaned up (thanks, Grammy!)

My loves! I think the birthday boy was maxed out at this point! :)

2 comments:

Laci said...

Everything turned out perfectly adorable!! Can't believe he's already one. My goodness, what a big boy!! Happy Birthday Parker!

Jenn said...

What a cute party, Crystal! Did you make his cake? Sorry we had to miss but I'm looking forward to getting our kiddos together soon! :)