The first picture below is how we shared the news with my parents. Unfortunatley, it didn't happen in person this time, but I was on the phone with them when they opened up the package. This photo was in a frame that said "Grandkids." They are thrilled!

I was shocked by the positive pregnancy test (it happened MUCH faster this time) and had to quickly come up with a way to share the news with the hubs. Camden and I moved to WA on May 25th and I took the test on June 4th. Needless to say, I didn't have many options because at this point I knew where Target, the grocery store, and Starbucks were. I told JB I got bored and decided to start a scrapbook page for Camden. I told him to look in a drawer to see my work. Inside was this piece of paper...
Like me, he was shocked!
We shared the news with Jonathan's mom, step-dad, bro, sis-in-law, nephew, step-sis, and niece while we were in Maui. Camden came out of the room wearing this shirt...
I don't know if you can see it amongst the drool--it says "big bro." It took them a while to catch on (which was hilarious), but once they did, they were super excited and there were hugs all around! In July, Jonathan's dad and step-mom came to visit. Camden came downstairs to greet them wearing the same shirt. Karen, his step-mom, knew what it meant right away and eventually dad got it too. They are so happy for us and our growing family.
The belly is definitely popping out much faster this time. My body knows the drill so it's ready to roll! Here I am at 8 weeks.
We missed week 12 because Jonathan was in Palm Springs with his boys, so week 13 it is! Camden got involved this time!

Right now I'm 16 weeks (pic to come soon) and due January 28th (just 2 days after our nephew's 1st birthday)! I emailed the girls...great friends from college...saying, "Just wanted to let you know I'm changing the title of our blog from The Bentley 3 to The Bentley 4." So girls, I'm finally doing it!


6 comments:
I love the way you announced- so much fun! We are so happy for you guys, Crystal, and everything will absolutely work out for you. All of those unknowns are a blessing in disguise! Thanks for the fun post!
Yay, I'm so happy for you guys!! What a lucky little babe to have you and Jonathan as parents and Camden as a big bro!!! Love ya!!
so cute!! It will all work out-someone will buy that cute house in CO!! XOXO
Ahh! So excited for you! It will all fall into place, God has a sense of humor like that. Cute pics! Camden is going to be a great big brother! :)
Congrats! :)
Just now catching up...but so glad you're doing the "___ Weeks" pictures! Yay!
Post a Comment