Monday, June 22, 2009

Dads of all ages and stages

Looking at his Daddy on Father's Day

Happy 1st Father's Day!  (Camden is distracted by the neighbors)

Jonathan: the best husband and daddy I could ever hope for.  One of the many things I love about being a mommy is watching Jonathan be a daddy.  He is so involved--from playing and singing to diaper changing and feeding.  He does it all!  Camden LOVES his daddy!  


Eric: Jonathan's step-dad who has been a part of his life for many years.  He is a great example of a dad and loves Jonathan (and me) as his own.  Camden is always smiling when Papa is around!

Dean: Jonathan's dad and one of his (Jonathan's) biggest fans!  The love he has for his son is a great example for Jonathan as a dad.  We are excited for him to see Camden in a couple of weeks and know he will love his Grandpa (just like he did the first time).

3 generations of Bentley blood

Jim: my daddy-o!  I love this man like crazy!  He has taught me so much (and continues to do so).  My dad let me help paint the walls when I didn't know what I was doing, but believed in me and my ability to learn (this applied to many other circumstances too).  He took the blade out of a razor so I could shave my face with him--just some good ol' daughter/dad bonding.  He is unselfish and caring.  He showed me what it means to have unconditional love.  My dad is a great example of a husband and dad...that's why I ended up with such a fabulous hubby myself!
  
4 generations of Matthews blood

Cecil: Camden's Great-Grandpa!  He met him for the first time on June 16th!  I saved the oldest for last!  I'm so glad Camden had the chance to meet such a wonderful man.  This is my dad's dad and I know exactly where my dad got the unselfish trait...Grandpa!  Everyone comes before him.

I am so blessed by all of these men.  I hope you had a fantastic Dad's Day!  I love you all!

No comments: