Saturday, March 7, 2009
Why?
Why does a 4th grade boy pick his nose in class? Why does he then proceed to eat his boogies? Why did I watch it all happen? Gross! We are state testing right now which means I am bored out of mind! I just circle the room approximately 812 times while the room is dead silent and the kids sit through an unbelievably difficult test for their little 9 and 10-year-old brains. As I circle, I make sure they are doing the correct session and that they are not doing anything to the booklets that would impact their scores. One student in particular has a habit of folding pages and writing on his lap rather than using the desk, so I watch him a bit closer. At one point I glance over to check on him and he is digging in his nose. Apparently I caught the tail end of the "treasure hunt" because he then stuck that little finger of his right in his mouth and began to chew...yes, chew! Ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
EEUUWWWW! Aaaaawe, state testing. the only thing fairly fantastic about testing days are peace and quiet!!! boring, yes. but peaceful and quiet....YES please! :)
I could have gone without reading that :)
I think you're testing my kids while I'm on leave. If so, I know exactly who the nose picker is. :)
Oh man! I feel ya! First grade is pretty bad too! Don't these kids eat???
Post a Comment