I had the chance to visit Laci at the end of July... FINALLY! She had twin boys in February and I told her I would try to make it out during the summer to see the new additions. I also got to meet her two-year-old, Mackenzi, who is hilarious! We were in Target and we passed some lotion, "Awww, lotion, so cute, mommy." In the car Kenzi would either be talking or singing (sometimes to the Wiggles and other times on her own). My personal favorite was "Old McDonald had a charm" and her "Memo (Nemo) dance." She cracks me up! The twins, Quinn and Jace, are pretty much the cutest little things I have ever seen. They are such good babies! It was pretty incredible to see Laci in action! She is an amazing mom and I have so much respect for her patience and love for all 3 of her babies. She is so calm and confident in all she does and says to them, she provides boundaries, but also has a ton of fun, she puts her heart and soul into her family--it was impressive. My words cannot do it justice, you have to see it! We also met up with a good friend of ours from high school, Christina, who is expecting a baby boy in October. I didn't have my camera when we visited her, but she looks fantastic! Then, we met Danielle and her little girl, Gracie, for lunch. I was so glad I was able to see them too. The last time I saw Gracie she was a tiny baby. Danielle and I have been friends through it all. She is an amazing person and continues to be an amazing friend. I also got to see Dana, Laci's sister, and her family. Dana and I ran track together in high school. She looks great and it was fun to spend time with her. I never thought it would feel weird to be back in the place I grew up. I spent more than half of my life in Covina, but it feels like it has been a lifetime since I've been there. It has not changed much in appearance yet it feels different. I suppose it's me that's different, not the place. Laci and Matt, thank you for allowing me to stay with you. I had a wonderful time! Lace, I think we turned out okay for growing up in the ghetto! :)
Danielle and Gracie...Danielle and I have been friends for over 20 years! Her daughter is a beauty.
Laci...We have been friends since junior high and she is fabulous!
Mackenzi...this little girl has more personality than you can imagine. I love it!
Laci and Jace. He loves his mama...look at his little hand on her face. So cute!
Quinn...he is the feisty one! He likes to move and groove.
Jace...he just chills. He's the bigger of the two. When Lace let me help (which wasn't often), I would carry Quinn because Jace is such a big boy!
Kenzi after the pool. She is quite the little swimmer!
Such happy boys! Jace and Quinn playing and drooling.

No comments:
Post a Comment