A few words from Ann Voskamp (author of One Thousand Gifts) on prayer. This is from her site, which you can find on my list of "blogs I love."
Prayer becomes what we live when we want to get hold of God, not just get a hold of what we want.
And real prayer isn't about changing God's mind but about finding God's heart--and letting His heart change my mind.
If one's not praying regularly, it's only because something else is regularly loved more than God.
Without prayer, how can our life and His will have anything in common?
We need to pray without ceasing--because it's the only way to live in communion.
Sometimes I underestimate the power of prayer. Oftentimes I fall asleep at night while praying. I tell friends and family I will pray for them, and I do, but I am guilty of only doing it once or twice. And let's just be honest, every once in a while I question the necessity of prayer. These snippets were great reminders of why we pray. Encouraging to read, challenging to put into action. Pray for me! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment