Monday, October 24, 2011

...three...

Camden James,
You have been three for exactly three weeks. On October 2nd I said to Daddy, "I can't believe he's going to be three. Three years ago today I was in the hospital..." I'm pretty sure I will do this every year. You are such a big boy (and you like to remind me of that)! You still talk about your "Christmas house," but not as often as you used to--"I have a turtle at my Christmas house." You continue to love music...you say, "louder please" in the car to turn up the tunes and play your guitar and drum daily (every now and then you'll mix in the piano, xylophone, and/or harmonica). Outside is where you want to be! You want to ride your scooter, balance bike, "big boy's bike" (a bday gift from Gramps and Grammy), or your fire truck. When you're not riding something, you're playing soccer, football, baseball, raquetball, golf--something that involves a ball. You love playing with the neighborhood kids, "How about we knock on ____'s door and see if he/she can play!" Jumping is a big deal these days, off the couch, on the couch, on your bed, off the stairs, the trampoline at My Gym, off the curb, etc. You are obsessed with skateboards! "How about we look at skateboards!" while in Target. You really want one and ask Daddy and me, "Will you please teach me how to ride it?" You are a little slugger! We bought you a "real" bat for your birthday and you can hit that ball! You continue to be the best big brother around! You LOVE Parker and I love watching you with him. When he goes down for a nap, you put a blanket on him, sing a song, and say, "Night-night Parky." When he wakes up, "Oh! I hear him! Let's go see him!" You want to get in his crib with him to play. You say Parker like you're from Boston and often call him Paaarky-Park! You are so great about sharing your toys and get really excited when he does new things, "Mommy, he sat up! He was laying down and now he sat up! He's learning!" You are quite the negotiator. After we tell you what we're going to do (eat dinner, get ready for bed, etc.) it's usually followed up with you saying, "How about this great idea..." or "I know what we can do..." Your suggestions often include playing for "just a little bit longer." You have an amazing memory, "This the way we go to airport," "We going to the pumpkin patch with Courtney?" (we went with her and her fam last year), etc. You say, "Hey Mommy/Daddy" approximately 426 times a day because you have so much to tell us! Sometimes it's even followed by a "look at my eyes." You are still shy at times, but are becoming more assertive. I think being around the older kids has helped. You definitely stand up for yourself more and can be Mr. Bossy at times, "You have to wait your turn," "Come over here," "Stand right here!" You love to dance, sing songs, being with your friends, stickers, Play-doh, puzzles, sports, CBS "Bible," My Gym, listening/playing music, reading books, being with your brother, helping, painting, drawing, and more! You don't quite understand the adult/kid/growing up thing. You will say, "Mommy, you can ride Thomas when you're just a little bit bigger like me and Daddy," or "Daddy, when you get little like me, then you can ride a scooter." You crack me up...every day! You have quite the personality. You are still super stubborn and rigid, but you are the sweetest! If I get lost while driving (it happens often) you say, "Don't worry, Mommy, you can do it!" (after you say, "Where we going?"). "I can do it all by myself!" and "I know how to do that!" are common phrases out of your mouth. We have three things we are working on daily and you're doing such a great job: obey the first time, be kind, have a happy heart! I could go on and on about you, buddy! You are an incredible kid! God gave us such a precious gift when you arrived 3 years and 3 weeks ago. You melt my heart when you say, "I love you, Mommy!" You are such a joy! I'm so proud of you and so proud to be your Mommy! Happy 3rd birthday, my big boy! I love you so much!
xoxo
Mommy

1 comment:

The Olson Family said...

LOVE THIS POST! What a sweet boy! Don't you love that you will be able to look back at this and remember these years! They go by so fast! You are doing such a great job CP! Love ya and miss ya!
Kimmie