Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In Camden's World

Our boy has quite the imagination and he often thinks he is not imagining so he gets really set on going somewhere or doing something (that often does not exist)!

In Camden's world he has a "Christmas house." He has two dogs named Molly and Jasper/"Jaffer" (these are the names of Grandpa and Memaw's dogs), a sheep, and a frog "that lives in the water." He teaches his dogs tricks and if you're walking around the backyard you have to "watch out for poo-poo." Conversations about his Christmas house sound like this...
C: I want to ride my skateboard.
M: Oh that sounds fun, buddy, but you don't have a skateboard.
C: Yeah, it's at my Christmas house. Want to go there with me, Mommy?! Let's go to my Christmas house! C'mon Mommy, let's go!
M: Where is it?
C: I know where it is...I show you.
M: Well, I would love to go to your Christmas house, but we need to go to swim lessons.
C: Nooooooo! I want to go to my Christmas house! Right now, Mommy!
...and it continues. He gets really upset and insists on going to his house. He tells me how fun it is there--lots of balls, toys, etc.

In Camden's world he plays A LOT of sports. Every day he asks to go to his soccer game, football game, tennis game, etc. He will be riding his bike or scooter and I will tell him to turn around to go back home. His response, "No, Mommy, my basketball game is over here. Gotta go this way."

In Camden's world this is how you say things...
pee-no = piano
gor-ah-ah = gorilla
stay-chum = stadium
pee-ba = pizza
alligator = elevator
ka-prise = surprise

In Camden's world it is never time to go night-night and it is always time to play! When we are out and about (running errands, at My Gym, with friends, etc.) we need to stay that way! The kid does not want to go home...ever.

I love this boy with all my heart and I'm so glad I'm living in his world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi baby girl, I want to live in his world too. love you

Lisa said...

Haha! What a hoot! I love his imagination. What a silly and smart little boy.