Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dads

“The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” -David O. McKay

“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” -Jim Valvano

“He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”-Clarence Budington Kelland

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

I have been incredibly blessed by amazing dads in my life. My own dad is the best I could ever hope or pray for. He has been there every step of the way with love, advice, and encouragement. There is something special about a dad/daughter bond and I'm grateful I have experienced it my entire life. Jonathan's dad and step-dad have loved me as their own daughter since the beginning of my relationship with JB...thank you! Jeremy (Jonathan's bro) is celebrating his first Daddy's Day! Dylan was 8-weeks-old the last time I saw Jer with his son, but it was a great thing to witness. He loves his little guy so much! Jer, if you're anything like your bro, you're an incredible dad! Jonathan is the best husband and dad all in one! It has been so fun watching his relationship with Camden grow. Jonathan has been right by my side since day one of parenthood--up in the middle of the night, making sure I was fed while Camden was being fed, changing diapers and clothes, giving baths, going down slides, playing ball, blowing bubbles, making him laugh (for the first time and many more times since), and so much more! I knew I loved my hubs, but watching him be a dad has caused that love to go to a new place, a deeper level. Happy Father's Day!

**Unfortunately, I don't have pics to go with this post...they are on our computer which is in Colorado.

No comments: