That is from Laci's blog...she has the best stories in her adventures of being a Mommy of 3 toddlers! I have never participated, but here it goes...
So, changing Camden's diaper has turned into a wrestling match! All of a sudden he's not into laying there staring at the ceiling while I change him. He would much rather roll over, sit up, and look out the window from his changing table. I've tried giving him things to play with, singing, blowing on his belly, doing a little jig...you name it...he's not having it! Normally I opt for a toy or a book, but lately he's into things that are not toys, so the other day I gave him the diaper rash cream to hold onto to keep him occupied. It works for half a second, then he drops it down the crack between the wall and the table. Note to self: don't give him something you plan on using during the changing process. Great, now the booty cream is gone and he's rolling over. I've managed to get his pants and diaper off when he starts to get wild. A new approach...I pick him up, let him look outside for 2 seconds, talk to him, and try to calm him down. He pees ALL over me! Not just a tinkle. This kid is almost one. It was a bucket of pee. My shirt is soaked and dripping onto the carpet and my foot. Pee has also sprayed onto the changing table which is now dripping as well. I'm soaked, he's half naked, the diaper rash cream is behind the table...you've GOT to be kidding me!

2 comments:
hahaaa, that is great!! I can totally picture it :)
Oh man, that is hilarious. I have resorted to singing really loudly and obnoxiously to Ben while changing his diaper, it stuns him long enough for me to change him! He hasn't peed on me in a long time though, thank goodness. (knock on wood)
Post a Comment