Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm older than I think

32. Creeping up on the mid-thirties category. I remember thinking 32 was old...even when I was in my twenties! A few reminders that I am older than I think:
  • I can remember when gas was $0.99 per gallon
  • I've been driving for more than half of my life (just having my permit counts!)
  • I couldn't tell you who they were talking about for 75% of the Grammy nominations! (maybe that's an exaggeration, but it felt like I had never even heard of many of the artists)
  • This year marks ten years since I graduated from college...college?? I really feel like that should say high school!
  • I'm married with two kids! When I'm alone in the car (a rare moment, indeed) blasting JT--yes, we have a radio station who still gives Timberlake some love--I feel like I should be pulling into good ol' PLNU. Oh wait, that was 10 years ago! See above bullet.
  • I have one eye on the anti-aging products in the skincare store
  • The styles I wore are now coming full circle...bright colors and jean shirts anyone?
  • I see kids driving and think to myself, "How does that 12-year-old have a license?"
  • I refer to high schoolers as "kids"
  • A girl I babysat is now married and has a 5-month-old
  • One of my former 5th grade students is now a freshman in college...my college! Yay Loma!
  • When I was in shape and played sports is now known as "the glory days"
I had a great birthday! My hubs spoiled me with a facial, time to myself, and a gym membership! My sweet three-year-old melted my heart by singing Happy Birthday and my favorite one-year-old just acted like it was any other day! I think I'm living in "the glory days" right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. So feel your pain. You look great, by the way. ☺