Friday, April 1, 2011

Cheers to Mom & Dad

My parents are the best! They have always been loving, supportive, encouraging, positive, and the list goes on. They poured 100% of themselves into my life and I'm so grateful. They gave me boundaries, but, perhaps more importantly, they trusted me. They were open and honest about everything so I never had to guess what they were thinking or feeling. They helped me see the "good" in every situation. My parents showed me unconditional love and moved me toward the even greater unconditional love of Jesus.

I have always been thankful for my mom and dad, but being a parent has given me a greater appreciation, maybe even understanding, of how much they have done...and continue to do. I'm so thankful other kids, mine, will be loved on by them.

My mom was here for three weeks in February. Jonathan was traveling here and there so she came to help me with the boys. She was unbelievable! She was the maid (she was cleaning something every day!), the nanny (she took Camden to the park, on walks, to ride his scooter, trike, fire truck, etc.) and my cheerleader! She encouraged me so much and helped me to become confident in my ability to be a mommy of two. Thank you, Mom! Toward the end of my mom's stay, my dad joined her to meet the little one. He stepped right in and helped out with Camden and did yardwork for us. Mom and Dad, thank you for everything...in February and in life! I love you!
My boys with Grammy

Grammy and Parker

Gramps and Parker

Grammy and Camden being silly...what they do best together!

My favorite old people with my favorite young people :)

I thought this one was cute...Grammy is looking at Camden and Gramps is looking at Parker.

2 comments:

Karly said...

Such a sweet post Crystal! You are so blessed to have such amazing, supportive parents. It is easy to see how much they adore Cam and Parker!

Deanna said...

Love this:)