No tutus. No headbands. No ribbons. No dresses. No nail polish. No make-up. No hair appointments. No prom dress shopping. No wedding dress shopping.
It's weird to think I will never experience any of those things with my own child, with a daughter. Yes, we are done having kids. No, I'm not going to try for a girl and I'll tell you why...I think it will be a boy and, in my only child mind, three kids seems like A LOT! Right now the hubs and I are man-on-man and we're good with that! Above all, I'm blessed and content. I'm happy to be a Mommy of two boys, thrilled, actually! I do not feel like something is missing. I'm not sad about not having a girl. I love the fact that my boys have each other, a brother. I obviously don't know a thing about sibling relationships, but I'm guessing there is a different bond between siblings who are the same gender. I'm not necessarily saying it's better, but different. They, as boys, can and will really relate to one another (Parker already grabs Camden's wee-wee in the bath for crying out loud! I digress...). I love how both of them will bond with Jonathan doing "guy things." I love that we already have all the toys and clothes we need for Parker. I love being surrounded by every ball imaginable, skateboards, scooters, army guys, and cars. I love getting tackled at random. I love the noises while playing, the energy, the jumping, the instruments, the never sitting still, the "all boy" in my boys. No tutus in this house. Ever.



2 comments:
Yay for boys! They are so fun! And such a learning curve for us only kids (at least for me) :)
You're the best.
Post a Comment